The Icom M25 VHF radio is probably the most popular VHF Radio for canoeists and kayakers. With a lightweight construction (220g), small size and good-sized backlit LCD display it is easy to use and carry. With the relatively small size it fits comfortably into both your hand when in use, but also easily into a range of buoyancy aid pockets – it is critical that a VHF is carried on person and not put inside the kayak. There is also a retaining clip on the rear so it can be secured to the outside of a PFD if required.
The M25 is easy to use with simple well laid out buttons which can be easily operated even with cold fingers. The Icom M25 is waterproof to 1metre for 30 mins, it will also float and has flashing LEDs for increased visibility in the water (in case it is dropped).
The rechargeable battery can be charged via a USB cable, so can be charged through a variety of electronic devices, including spare power banks. A really handy feature, especially on longer expeditions or when camping away from the national grid. Please note the IC-M25 accepts 5V/1A (Max.) input. Use of third-party products is not guaranteed.
With 11 hours of average battery life, and 550mW of volume, the M25 is used by and relied upon by many sea kayakers, touring paddlers and kayak anglers throughout UK waters.
- Slim, lightweight and easy to operate.
- USB charging point.
- 11 hours operating time.
- Buoyant with flashing red LED.
- Large LCD and simple user-interface.
- 5W RF output and 550mW audio.
- Optional HM-213 waterproof speaker microphone.
- IPX7 waterproof construction (1m depth of water for 30 minutes).
- 4-step battery life indicator.
- Dual/Tri-watch functions.
- Instant access to Ch 16 or programmable call channel.
- Quick channel selection with the Favourite channel function.
- Monitor function for noise squelch control with VOL/SQL button.
- Auto scan function.
- LCD auto backlighting.
- AquaQuake draining function.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.