The Viking Kayaks Profish Reload is one of the fastest fishing kayaks on the market and can pretty much take on anything from gentle backwaters to offshore big sea fishing. This is a high performance kayak packed with features, and ideal for the serious fisherman, however it is also very stable so well suited for absolute beginners too.
At 14ft 9in long the Profish Reload paddles efficiently in a wide range of conditions. The smooth hull glides well on flat water and its flared bow cuts through choppy conditions with ease and it will have no problems riding ocean groundswells either. With a 75cm width the Reload does not compromise on stability so if you are just starting out with kayak fishing, or even if you are looking to haul larger fish up from deep water, it will be just what you need.
The removable Viking 'Tackle Pod' comes with the Reload as standard. This is a fully integrated and removable pod which is ideal for mounting a fish finder, battery, and transducer setup and it will still have plenty of storage space for other tackle. Simply load up the tackle pod at home so that when you get to the launch spot it is quick and easy to tackle up! If you need a stop over on the way just keep the tackle pod in the car to protect your valuable electronics set up. There is a built-in wooden bait chopping board on the hinged lid of the Tackle Pod which opens to provide easy access to your tackle when on the water. In front of the hinged section there is ample room to mount a fishfinder and other accessories such as Rod Holders. A transducer slot features on the base of the pod and will take the majority of popular fish finder transducers.
The large angled front hatch will easily take a kayak trolley such as the Railblaza C-Tug, a 2-piece spare paddle or perhaps even a spare fishing rod! The three 8-inch screw hatches on the Reload are designed for use as baitwells but can equally be used as drinks bottle holders. These hatches are sealed off from the rest of the hull and features small drain bungs. The Reload has plenty of flush mounted rod holders with 2 front facing and 4 rear facing so you will be able to take along a selection of rods for targeting diferent species. The large rear tankwell will easily take a storage crate with room for more gear. An optional Viking 'Chill-Pod' can be placed into the tankwell to keep your catch in tip-top condition. Adjustable footrests make finding a comfortable seating position easy. Two Railblaza Starport HD Mounts are located between the rear facing rod holders for additional accessories, such as a Railblaza Camera Boom, and a standard StarPort is located at the stern for a Safety Flag or Visibility Kit.
At just 34kg the Reload is manageable off the water too and car-topping is made easier by strong and secure moulded-in side handles - these provide a firm and solid hold of the kayak at its mid-point for loading onto a roof rack. Soft-touch webbing handles can be found at the bow and stern for carrying the kayak on land.
An optional rudder kit (long or short blade) is available for the Reload to enhance performance and handling when paddling in cross-winds or cross currents. Another optional extra is the Kid-Pod - this sits in the place of the tackle-pod and provides a seating postion to take a child out on the water with you! It also provides a flat, stable surface for fresh water anglers to stand and sight cast to fish.
If you are after a kayak that can do-it-all and have all the latest features then the Viking Profish Reload may well be the fishing kayak for you!
FULL REVIEW: Read our review of the Viking Profish Reload by clicking here.
- The Fastest fishing kayak in the Viking range
- Superior stability provides you with the confidence to target big fish
- The Reload Tackle Pod™ system offers the ease and speed of ‘Load and Go’
- A Large front hatch offers storage for additional gear such as kayak trolleys and dry bags.
- Scalloped sides for improved paddle strokes
- The handy bait wells behind the seat can also be used as a drinks bottle holder
- Webbing carry handles at bow and stern
- The flared bow diverts water in choppy conditions
- The innovative ‘Rod Slots’ along the bow allow you to securely lay down your fishing rods - ideal when launching or landing through surf.
- Built-in bait chopping board on the Tackle Pod
- Flip-up hinged lid for easy access to the Tackle Pods storage area
- Transducer mounting point built into the Tackle Pod for easy fish finder installation - see Tackle Pod tab for fishfinder compatibility
- Adjustable footrests
- 6 flush mount rod holders - 2 front and 4 rear
- 2x Rear Mounted Railblaza StarPort HD Mounts
- 2x Railblaza StarPort HD Mounts Fitted To Tackle Pod
- 1x Stern Mounted Railblaza StarPort Mount
- Moulded-In Side Carry Handles
- The optional Kid Pod™ system enables you to share the fun and excitement of kayak fishing with your chilren. It also provides a flat, stable surface for fresh water anglers to stand and sight cast to unsuspecting fish. (Optional Extra)
- The Optional Chill Pod provides secure tankwell storage for your catch or gear (Optional Extra)
- The Optional Rudder provides enhanced performance when paddling in cross winds or cross currents (Optional Extra)
- Length: 4.5m
- Width: 75cm
- Hull Weight: 34kg
- Manufacturers Max Load Capacity: 200kg
Tackle Pod Transducer Compatibility
The following transducers will fit within the transducer slot in the base of the Tackle Pod:
All Lowrance sounders using the following transducers:
- 83/200 kHz skimmer
- 50/200 kHz skimmer
- 83/200/455/800 kHz broadband skimmer
- 50/200/455/800 kHz broadband skimmer
Please note the Lowrance side imaging Structure Scan transducer is too long to fit.
- The latest Raymarine Dragonfly 'Pro' and 'DVS' transducers will fit (just) provided the stem is left free sliding rather than locked forward. The original (old model) Dragonfly transducer is an easy fit.
- The standard Garmin transducers tested to date fit, the large downimaging transducers may fit, but this has yet to be confirmed.
- All Humminbird transducers tested to date fit, including the compact down imaging, side imaging, and XD transducers
- The Furuno compact 83/200 kHz transducer fits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.